Are you a First Home Buyer? - Do you qualify for Kiwisaver?
KiwiSaver is a voluntary workplace-based retirement savings initiative.
The KiwiSaver Scheme is designed to help you save for your retirement now.
- Member contributions will be matched* by the Government up to $521.43 per annum (approximately $20 per week) in the form of a member tax credit paid annually to the members KiwiSaver account**.
- You choose the contribution rate an amount equal to 3%, 4% or 8% of your gross salary or wages if you are employed**.
- You'll receive a matching compulsory employer contribution of 3% after tax of salary or wages*.
- You may be able to withdraw some of your KiwiSaver savings after three years of contribution.
- A first-home deposit subsidy for eligible investors* - after three years of contributing membership (up to $1,000 for each year of contributing membership to a maximum of $5,000). See this website for more details.
- Contributions holiday - If you're employed, you can take a contributions holiday twelve months after your first contribution is received. Holidays can be for three months to five years, after which contributions will resume unless a further contributions holiday is applied for.
- You don't need to do anything once you've signed up - If you're employed, your savings are automatically deducted from your salary or wages each payday, or the date of your direct debit if you do not earn a salary or wage.
Note: If you don't have a regular income, you can contribute directly to the ANZ Bank KiwiSaver Scheme via direct debit or by making a lump sum contribution. Alternatively, you can make contributions directly to Inland Revenue. If you do earn a salary or wages then a minimum of 2% will generally be deducted from your gross earnings (unless you are on a contributions holiday).